In the chapter entitled Am I Crazy? of my forthcoming book – The House of Jezebel: Fulfilling Destiny in Spite of Your Upbringing, I share the following memories of my religious [ithoughts_tooltip_glossary-glossary glossary-id=”227″]upbringing[/ithoughts_tooltip_glossary-glossary].
My Jezebel raised me according to the Southern Baptist doctrine. Highly active in the church, my earliest memory is reciting The Lord’s Prayer as my bedtime prayer along the blessing often recited before eating: “Thank you Lord for the food we are about to receive to nourish the body for Christ’s sake. Amen!”
At our family church, my Jezebel served as the choir director, Sunday school teacher, and Vacation Bible Study coordinator, which meant we rarely missed church, with our services being held on 2nd and 4th Sundays. For the 1st and 3rd Sundays, my Jezebel played for other Baptist churches in the area while 5th Sundays was our “day of rest” – unless of course someone’s [ithoughts_tooltip_glossary-glossary glossary-id=”215″]revival[/ithoughts_tooltip_glossary-glossary] was starting up.
By my teenage years, church lost its flavor. I only went to church when I wanted to get out of the house and when I did go, I never experienced any type of divine encounter. It was more of me going out of guilt or fear as my Jezebel had convinced me that I’d soon be struck down by God if I didn’t go (and go every week).
I would be in college before I would finally make the commitment to accept Jesus as my personal Lord and Savior. Frankly, I don’t recall my real reason for doing so. Either it was out of fear of going to Hell or maybe it was because I was trying to impress a certain fellow. ( I can’t remember.)
To say the least, my religious upbringing at least kept me minimally aware of the key players of the Christian faith especially when it came to everyone’s enemy – Satan. So why wasn’t our faith protecting us from the negative entities that roam that house? Did someone open a “portal to hell’? In the end,
our religious persona meant nothing to the negative entities that played tag at night or to the entourage of them that manifested for a midnight tour of the house of Jezebel. #thojbook @gyh_press
Fast forward to adulthood, it was around the year 2000 after the death of my mother that marked the return of paranormal experiences. But this time, instead of seeing strange entities at night as I did as a child, now these negative energies were manifesting right before my eyes, operating in and through real people that encountered in person, online, over the phone, etc. All of these people were “devout Christians” yet were in a sense acting crazy as hell.
In recent years as I tried to get serious about writing The House of Jezebel, I was forced to revisit a lot of my life experiences – the good, the bad, and the ugly. I wanted to better understand some of the things that I had experienced, so I returned to what I knew best. But instead of finding answers in familiar sources such as the Holy Bible, Bible-based dictionaries and commentaries and the like, I found myself with even more questions about life, about God, Jesus, and the Devil. I simply wasn’t finding the answers I needed to help me overcome my house of Jezebel experience. Based on my religious upbringing,
was I under attack because I was living in unrepentant sin or because my forefathers had? #thojbook @gyh_press
I soon started to wonder if I had been duped not only by my Jezebel, but also by my faith. So I set out to “find God” and not religion and guess what happened? The demonic attacks came to a screeching halt.
Follow #thojbook on:
- Words Cast Spells… Good & Evil Intentions || Part 2 - November 16, 2019
- Exposing Witches Based on Their Intentions Good vs Evil Intentions || Part 1 - November 10, 2019
- Beware Narcissists are Near & They Have an Agenda The Resurrection of Jezebel || Part 2 - June 28, 2019
- Justice from Beyond the Grave?!? The Resurrection of a Jezebel || Part 1 - March 5, 2019
- When Your Abuser Dies Deciding if You'll Attend the Funeral - September 6, 2018
- The Backwardness of a Jezebel Dem Jezebels Play Dirty Y'all - August 28, 2018
- Is a Jezebel Affecting Your Sacral? PODCAST EPISODE 6 - Jezebel Through the Chakras (2/7) - #thojbook - July 27, 2018
- Is a Jezebel Affecting Your Root? PODCAST EPISODE 5 - Jezebel Through the Chakras (1/7) - #thojbook - July 4, 2018
- WANTED: A Compassionate Jezebel? In Search of Love In Spite of One's Hatred - June 24, 2018
- Writing & The Death of a Jezebel PODCAST EPISODE 4 - Writing Ain't Easy (4/4) - #thojbook - June 7, 2018