The idea for The House of Jezebel was implanted in my heart in early 2004 but the process began much earlier. In my first podcast entitled Writing Ain’t Easy…, I shared why The House of Jezebel can no longer be deemed as a Christian themed book. Although I was raised in the Southern Baptist faith – attending Sunday School, singing in the choir, and participating in Vacation Bible School, all of that was more out of obligation. Even in college, I tried to strengthen my faith by engaging in various ways from volunteer work to ministerial training, but none of that made a real impact on my life. I still didn’t feel like I was “getting it” and I wondered if this was all there was to serve God.
Over the past 17 years, I underwent a *MAJOR* spiritual awakening brought on by several “dark night of the soul” processes – one right after another. The earliest was back in 2000 at the loss of my mother and most recent – around 2012 – another “dark night” experience involving a male Jezebel. This doesn’t even include the paranormal and abusive issues experience in my earliest memories of life. Needless to say, ~ALL~ of this ultimately forced me to a point in my life where I needed to reexamine my own beliefs about everything – myself, my purpose, and even my faith. The writing of The House of Jezebel came to a screeching halt. I had to start from scratch – once again – reassess everything.
A spiritual awakening is almost always precipitated by a severe emotional or spiritual crisis; it oftentimes organically grows out of unresolved childhood – that was certainly true in my case. In a fully-flowered spiritual emergence, you magically discover how to transmute these symptoms and wounds into the blessings that they are. ~Paul Levy, (Website)
Please tune into my first episode for the #THOJBOOK Book Podcast, where I share a little about my spiritual awakenings, along with signs for knowing if you are undergoing such a process and a sample reading of the back cover.
I hope you enjoy this first episode and feel free to share your positive comments below or for more private decisions, join our Reader’s PowWow Forum.
~Dr. Jaketha, Author
The House of Jezebel: Fulfilling Destiny In Spite of Your Upbringing
READ-> #Writing & The Spiritual Awakening Process | LISTEN-> #thojbook #podcast by @drjaketha in \’Writing Ain\’t Easy…\’ (Part II) @gyhpress
11 Signs of a Spiritual Awakening by PowerofPositivity.com
Follow #thojbook on:
- Words Cast Spells… Good & Evil Intentions || Part 2 - November 16, 2019
- Exposing Witches Based on Their Intentions Good vs Evil Intentions || Part 1 - November 10, 2019
- Beware Narcissists are Near & They Have an Agenda The Resurrection of Jezebel || Part 2 - June 28, 2019
- Justice from Beyond the Grave?!? The Resurrection of a Jezebel || Part 1 - March 5, 2019
- When Your Abuser Dies Deciding if You'll Attend the Funeral - September 6, 2018
- The Backwardness of a Jezebel Dem Jezebels Play Dirty Y'all - August 28, 2018
- Is a Jezebel Affecting Your Sacral? PODCAST EPISODE 6 - Jezebel Through the Chakras (2/7) - #thojbook - July 27, 2018
- Is a Jezebel Affecting Your Root? PODCAST EPISODE 5 - Jezebel Through the Chakras (1/7) - #thojbook - July 4, 2018
- WANTED: A Compassionate Jezebel? In Search of Love In Spite of One's Hatred - June 24, 2018
- Writing & The Death of a Jezebel PODCAST EPISODE 4 - Writing Ain't Easy (4/4) - #thojbook - June 7, 2018